Sunday, May 16, 2010

It's Been Awhile!

I haven't posted since January 28th, shame on me!

Since that time I completed coaching my half marathon group "The Thundering Chickens" and they all did a great job at the Go St. Louis run. It was quite a day. We had trained in all kinds of weather, from sub-zero freezing temps, running thru snow and packed ice and even a day where the rain turned into hail for a period of time. The only weather condition missing was heat. On race day is was quite warm with a bright sun and no breeze. Some half marathoners struggled but the full marathon was quite a challenge.

I don't share my goals with others often enough but here goes:

I have a goal of qualifying for the Boston Marathon in 2011 and running it in 2012 (presuming I can get entered before it is filled).

This will require the full 2 years of preparation and training. I plan on blogging about my progress on a weekly basis. My next blog will let you know how I have started. Also, by then I hope to come up with a catchy title so if you have any suggestions, other than something like: "Is that old fart crazy?" please let me know.
Until next week
Eric
aka RunGrampyRun

1 comment: