Friday, July 30, 2010

QualifyGrampyQualify Part VII 07/30/10

Making progress, but in 1 instance too much progress too fast!


Weight today: 160.2 lbs, the problem is that I am not eating enough! (Yes, Kristen, you have warned us all of this danger.)


This week most of my team is out of town on Saturday. To help them get in their long run we met Thursday evening to get in 14 miles. Based on just normal daily activity I need about 1750 calories, when you 100 calories per mile run that means I should take in an additional 1400 for a total of 3150 calories.


I got busy and behind schedule and headed out on the run after only 1075 calories for the day and most of those a minimum of 5 hours prior. Ran out of fuel---didn't make it past 11!


Lesson learned, you've got to eat well to run well.


The sad thing is I said all of this back in May at the start of my quest. I should pay more attention to my plan!!!!

Refined sugar and diet soda - Bad
Protein and complex carbs - Good
More fruit and veggies, more turkey on sandwiches
Calories to match activity level!!!



More next week,

Eric

aka RunGrampyRun

No comments:

Post a Comment