Wednesday, December 23, 2009

December 23

The best laid plans of mice and men oft go astray! Yesterday evening when I walked into the house fully intending to do a short speed workout, who was there but Sally! Instead of hearing run grampy run I heard play grampy play. Want to venture a guess as to what I did yesterday?

Determined to get my miles in I was up and out this morning. Too wet and too dark for a safe speed workout I decided to go a bit longer. The rain didn't bother me at all, however on the return loop, about a mile from the house it happened. While I was crossing a street, I looked over my shoulder to check to make sure no one was turning and stepped in a hole. Unfortunately I didn't step all the way into the hole, the inside of my foot stayed on level pavement while the outside dropped a couple of inches. I managed to stay upright but my ankle got quite a twist. I was trying to "walk it off" but it wasn't working. I can tell you though, if you are limping down the street, you really don't have to be worried about being bothered by drivers stopping to ask if you're okay.

I had just decided to look for a house with a light on (because of course, this time I did not wear my fuel belt thus no cell phone) when a kind woman pulled up to ask if I was okay or needed a ride. I gladly accepted and greatly appreciated her help.

As I sit with an ice pack strapped to my ankle there is a question that I must ponder. Do I look so old that she would have wondered if (as she said) that maybe I had had a hip replaced and was just out for the exercise?

I am going to go with it was DARK and also remember the wise words:
"Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!"
RunGrampyRun

No comments:

Post a Comment